What's New In Dentistry
Laser Periodontal TherapyTMTreatment Procedure:
- Periodontal probe indicates excessive pocket depth.
- Laser light removes bacteria and diseased tissue.
- Ultrasonic scaler and special hand instruments are used to remove root surface tarter.
- Laser finishes cleaning pocket and aids in sealing the pocket closed so new germs cannot enter.
- Healing of gums to clean root surface occurs.
- Bite trauma is adjusted.
- Healing occurs.
Laser Periodontal TherapyTM is a laser-based approach to gum disease using an Nd:YAG laser. Currently Danada Dental is one of less than 20 dentists in the Chicago area to offer this breakthrough treatment. To you, the patient, this means: less pain, less bleeding, less swelling, less tissue removed, less down time, and less recovery time, which is decidedly less costly to you. The reasons we use Laser Periodontal TherapyTM are to: remove only the diseased tissue without removing any of the healthy tissue, maintain the height of the tissue around teeth, minimize pain and discomfort to the patient, get a closure of the periodontal pocket wound and allow healing to take place. Controlling periodontal disease makes it possible to save and restore otherwise hopeless teeth.